Mechanic / Electrician (Drilling Evaluation)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Mechanic / Electrician (Drilling Evaluation) in Basra with one of the world’s largest oilfield services companies.
ABOUT THIS JOB
The purpose of this position is to repair Drilling & Evaluation tools, equipment and motors.
· Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies. Assist in reworking, repairing and modifying non-conforming equipment.
· Perform complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation.
· Analyse and interpret data from environmental tests and troubleshoot equipment problems. Provide technical support to other groups and co-workers.
· Provide coaching too the technicians in areas of proven competence. Inspection and disposition of parts and equipment
· Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
· Technical diploma or Associates degree in Electrical or Mechanical field.
· Versed in fluid power technology, AC/DC circuits and electro-mechanical devices.
· Basic level of analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems.
· Proficient in the use of oscilloscopes.
· 5+ years maintenance related experience in electro-mechanical function or minimum
· Speaking Arabic is highly preferred
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
· Advanced skills in soldering and assembling of electro-mechanical devices.
· Proficient in the use of millimetres, megohm meters, hi-pot testers and other basic instruments.
· Proficient in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes.
· Advanced computer skills.